Sunday Morning Sessions 10:00am until 12:00 midday and Junior Club 1.00pm until 3:00pm
These sessions have been running successfully with strict controls on numbers for some weeks now, but we have still been able to get 5 groups of up to six on the water. Today the sessions took a step forward with the use of “ski school” numbers for group members to muster around with their equipment. Strict social distancing and use of hand sanitiser are required at all times with no more than 6 allowed in or around the compound at any one time.
How it works – members book on to a relevant session using the LCC booking page… (you need your website username and password). Sheltered water leaders & key holders all need to book as well so that we have no more than 30 people on site at any one time. People are allocated to groups of similar ability and craft (you can suggest these when you book). Bookings close 24hrs before the paddle but the session does rely on at least 5 experienced group leaders volunteering to lead groups. Everyone gets a list by email of who is in which group with a named leader. When they arrive and the compound is uncrowded they can select equipment and carry it to their group number. When everyone in a group is present they can launch and paddle off together. On your return, you wait on the water for the group in front to vacate the compound and then you can land and put away your borrowed equipment, return to your car and then leave.
- Please stay at home if you have any Corona virus symptoms.
- All paddling with the club MUST be pre-booked to enable track and trace / to control numbers (records to be kept for 21 days)
- Please use the QR code on the posters at the compound to register attendance at the venue with your NHS COVID-19 app
- Use your own hand sanitiser both before and after paddling.
- Keep at least 2m social distance at all times.
- Do not mingle or chat with others from another group of 6
- Please leave the car park as soon as you have returned and put away all of your equipment.