Paddler of the Year Award presentations, Talks on Alaska, Nepal and the French Alps and AGM
Wednesday 11th October 2017
7:30 – 8:00pm – Arrival Liverpool Marina, Spinnaker Suite. Slide-show of club photographs and activities over the year.
8:00 – 8:20pm – AGM (Election of Club Officials, Paddler of the Year, Members Motions)
Welcome from the chair & review of the year
- Apologies for Absence.
- 2. Minutes of the previous AGM – Click here
Signed as a true record by the Chair
- Treasurers report Online Year End Accounts – Click here
- Brief reports from each discipline (2 minutes each)
- Members motions – None received.
- Chair to thank all the volunteers that have coordinated and guided the club over the past year.
Special thanks going to those who are now moving on: Kingsway pool on Monday Stuart Toulson, Brian Green from Surf. Polo – Theo Gaussen, Youth Coordinator – Chris Murphy
- Election of Officers – Proposed list of those willing to stand for 2017-18
Chair – Fiona Barry; Secretary – Carole Thomas, Treasurer – Craig Ford; Membership Secretary & Volunteers – Keith Steer; Welfare Officers – John Fay, Publicity – Pete Thomas; Grants- Nicky Corbett; Junior / Youth Coordinator – Ian Colwyn; Notice boards – Peter Massey; Kingsway pool on Monday Dominic Fahey; Robin Emery; Stuart Conway; Nick Coughlin; Dave Reynolds & Keith Steer;
“Discipline Representatives” to advise members / act as a point of contact: Coaching Coordinator – Dave Reynolds, Technical Coaching Advisor – Ian Bell; Polo – Josh Cook, Sea – Gareth Jones; White Water – John Allerton & Stuart Toulson; Freestyle – Graham Devaney; Open Boat – Mike Alter & Ruth Edwards; Kayak Safety Cover – John Worswick; Slalom – Michal Giezgala; Racing – Colin Smith; Surf – Karl Tattum, SOT – Dermot Miller SUP – Paul Harwood
Equipment Officers Steve Bond & Don Brookes (Docks and Broadgreen); (Kingsway) Dominic Fahey “Election of Stewardship Group members without specific responsibility”. John Pegram, Chris Fletcher & Dave Collins
8:20 to 8:45pm
- Paddler of the Year / Young paddler of the Year / Volunteer of the Year / Swimmer of the Year Award – Presented by the chair.
8:45 to 9:30pm – Club expeditions to France, Nepal and Alaska
(The best photos and World Premiere of – French paddling movie 2017 by “Gille Productions”
9:30pm onwards – Socialise in the bar.